How to backup and restore iPhone, iPad
If you are using iPhone, iPad or iPod since long time, then you must have to think how to backup and restore iPhone (iOS) data. Your Data is valuable, it may content your photos, official documents, videos, contacts and favorite music. You definitely don’t want to lose such valuable data. It may happen, you lose your data accidentally and need to restore a backup on device on the same or new device. Also we are experiencing the issues of corruption of data while upgrade. So it’s always better to have a backup copy with you. You can use your important valuable backup data to restore on iPhone or newly bought iPhone, iPad, iPod.
iTunes and iCloud these are the two options for backup iPhone, iPad and iPod. Let’s have look brief steps for backup and restore.
What data and content backup iCloud.
iCloud and iTunes backup information includes purchased books, apps, movies, your personal video and photos. Also provide backup of device settings such as phone wallpaper, favorite, calendar, and contacts. It also backed up your SMS, MMS, home screen and many more.
How to backup iPhone iCloud storage
iCloud is work with iOS 5 and later version. iCloud provide 5 GB of free space and one new Ad-free email, webmail account iCloud.com.. If you want extra space, then you have to purchase or upgrade from the device. We recommend keeping only valuable and important data in backup copy so that you will not face running out of the cloud space issue. iCloud automatically backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod data every day, for that your device must achieve below prerequisite.
- iPhone or Device must be enabled iCloud backup option
- iPhone or device must be connected to the internet over (WI-Fi or any fast internet service)
- iPhone or device connected to a power source
- A device screen must be locked.
You can also take a manual backup of your iPhone, iPad, iPod choosing backup now from Setting > iCloud> Storage and Backup option.
How to restore from iCloud backup
If you have changed your device and first time configuration, go through setup assistance choose “Restore from iCloud backup” It prompt you to enter your iCloud account and password. After completing these steps you will see your three most recent backup. Choose the latest one or any copy as per your requirement to restore.
If you wish to restore your last iPhone backup and erase current settings and data. First erase your device Go to settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content And Settings. When prompted to new or to restore a previous backup, select Restore from cloud backup. Enter your iCloud account information and choose backup.
Once your iPhone or device restarts it automatically restore your settings and accounts and start downloading other data like contacts, movies, books, photos and other content.
- Make sure your iPhone or device connected to a power source.
- The progress bar shows the bottom of the screen.
- For restoring app – tap to the app and it starts downloading the same version which you had.
- To check restore completed Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup
Must Read: iOS 7 dreamboard – features Must Read: iPhone- How to transfer Files over WI-Fi
How to backup iPhone, iTunes
By using iTunes app you can able to store backup your valuable iPhone data on the computer. Follow the below steps. Before you proceed, you must have to disabled iCloud backup option else sync option will find as disabled.
- Connect the iPhone or other device to the computer via USB cable.
- Open the iTunes application.
- Under Devices option, it shows your connected device like the iPhone or iPad which ever you connected. Click on it
- In The new Windows it shows your device information. Check out the Backup section below the main information.
- Under the Backup section, check the “Back up to this computer” option to perform a full backup.
- Click the backup Now button, Additionally, you can select Encrypt backup for securing your backup copy.
You might get a popup to sync app on your iTunes, select backup apps to proceed. After app backup it started backing up your device settings. Once backup finish, just have to click on Done.
Now you have your iPhone Backup data copy on your computer.
How to restore from iTunes backup
Before you start restore process disabled find my phone option from iCloud option.
- After connecting iPhone or other device to computer, open iTune application and At the information page select your device and, click on Restore Backup.
- Then select the backup set from the drop-down list.
- Finally Click Restore to begin the restore process. Once done, restart your device.
If you like this post, then your valuable feedback will be appreciated and if you hold any doubts or query, then feel free to comment down below I will be glad to help you. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter below to remain updated with my latest posts which will right away delivered to your Inbox as soon as I publish or you can also Follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook or Add me to your Google Plus Circles!