Whatsapp has become most popular messaging app in today’s world. WhatsApp was founded by Koum and Brian Acton, both are Yahoo ex-employees. Whatsapp application is absolutely free download and usage for first year and onwards they are charging US $ 0.99 per year. In comparison to usage and popularity the charged cost is negligible. Almost every android smart phone user is using the Whatsapp. My friends and teammates also using it for information sharing and to get fast respond in the group chat. My BOSS also used to share the official announcement of Whatsapp group chat, because he know all team members are active on Whatsapp more than work email.
Every messaging solution has the backup and restore option so Whatsapp does too. If you feel your messages, videos and files are important then you must have to take Whatsapp backup. It might require for future reference or you may want it on your another new Android smart phone.
Here I will explain how to take Whatsapp backup on your Android Smartphone it as well on your desktop or laptop.
Note: – Whatsapp automatically Backup’s everyday at 4:00 a.m.
Whatsapp Conversations messages backup:-
- Access your Android Smartphone and open Whatsapp messenger, then press the Menu key and tap the settings. Shown in the below image.
- Next, tap the Chat Settings to open the settings menu – see image below.
- On the opening screen you will see the option called Backup Conversation. Just select that option, it will back up your Whatsapp messages.
That’s it, now your Whatsapp messages have been backed up.
How to Restore Backup on Same Device/Smartphone:-
- If Whatsapp messenger deleted from your device accidently or you deleted it for some reason, then your data will be lost. If you have any recent backup copy, then no worry, you can resort that backup on the same device and get data till the last backed up date. Download a Whatsapp from Google Play store and install on your Smartphone.
- Now Open Whatsapp messenger, the Welcome screen will appear just click on I Agree and Continue.
- Enter your mobile number for complete the verification process. On the next popup screen appear asking you that make you want to Restore your Whatsapp message just tap to restore. Below image is shown the process of restoring messages. That’s it your backup messages are successfully restored.
How to Transfer Whatsapp Backup to PC or laptop:-
- Connect your Android Smartphone to your PC or Laptop through a USB cable. Your PC will auto detect your Smartphone, and your phone screen shows popup USB connected. You have to tap the option “turn on USB storage” for getting access permission (read / write) from PC to phone and vice versa.
- After detecting your phone storage on PC open internal storage and search for folder Whatsapp. If you unable to find it, then it will be residing on the external storage SD card. It’s a folder which created by Whatsapp at the time of installation. This folder is used for storing all the files, videos, and Backup files etc. I am suggesting you to just copy whole folder and save it on your PC or laptop in safe place. That’s it you have done backing up Whatsapp on PC or laptop
How to Transfer Whatsapp Backup from PC to another Android Phone:-
- You already have a Whatsapp backup file on your computer, now you can restore it on your newly bought Smartphone or existing Smartphone. Make sure you have installed the Whatsapp application before starting restore process. If you do not have it installed, download it from Google Play Google Play store and install the same. There is no special configuration require.
- Next step, connect your phone to PC or laptop which already have your Whatsapp backup file. On the phone internal storage search the Whatsapp folder if not found, it will be residing on external storage. Whatsapp created this folder at the time of installation.
- Last step, rename or delete Whatsapp folders on the phone storage and copy backup folder from PC to phone storage on same location. That’s it, now disconnect phone from the PC and check your Whatsapp messenger, it will have your old messages, video backup files and everything.
If you like this post, then your valuable feedback will be appreciated and if you hold any doubts or query, then feel free to comment down below I will be glad to help you. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter below to remain updated with my latest posts which will right away delivered to your Inbox as soon as I publish or you can also Follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook or Add me to your Google Plus Circles!