Micromax HD runs on android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Micromax officially released OS update 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Micromax canvas HD A116 can be updated manually. For beginner mobile users, Micromax has provided an OS update through over the air (OTA) updates at their service center. Visit your nearest Microsoft service center, and ask for 4.2.1 Jelly bean update, that’s it!
You can manually update your Micromax canvas HD A116 to android 4.2.1 OS. Follow the steps below.
- You can download the stock 4.2.1 Jelly Bean from Here
- All The things you need to upgrade to 4.2.1 are given here
• USB Data Cable
• Take a full backup of your device including your application like WhatsApp, SMS, contacts etc.
• Update process takes much time, so ensure your phone battery is fully charged. • Install the drivers of Micromax Canvas HD from the official Micromax website.
• Download Jelly Bean OS ROM & SP FLASH TOOLS, which you will flash.
• Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done if you update messed up or terminate in between the upgrade. Restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed ROM)
1. Install drivers – Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86
2. Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119
3. Select a Scatter file from the downloaded ROM version 4.2.1 (extract downloaded file from winrar to different folder) and select all files.
4. Go to options->select USB and select USB Mode& DA Download All – and select force to High Speeds
5. Remove battery, Sim Cards and Memory Card
6. Press Firmware Upgrade (Don’t press download)
7. Insert USB data cable to PC and connect your phone & flash tool will detect your phone& downloading start automatically
8. When you see green circle, then you are done.
9. Remove the cable from your phone insert battery & restart your phone.
10. It will take some times while re-starting and there will be TP Update popup.
11. You are done& you can insert SIM cards & memory card.
NOTE: After Flashing and updating from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1 there will be a TP UPDATE pop up which will update the TP automatically. So DON’T TOUCH PHONE’s SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT (don’t even press the OK button), LET THE TP UPGRADE DO HIS WORK, WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. When this appears you are doing
Once your Phone OS updated, look at the notification bar plus it is semi-transparent, few bugs are there same has to fix like of GPS. As stated above OTA (Over the air) function has also been introduced into the phones with the new update, though users can now update their phone while sitting at their home manually. No need to visit the support centers, as soon as the updates are available you can check from your phone.
If you like this post, then your valuable feedback will be appreciated and if you hold any doubts or query, then feel free to comment down below I will be glad to help you. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter below to remain updated with my latest posts which will right away delivered to your Inbox as soon as I publish or you can also Follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook or Add me to your Google Plus Circles!