What is iCloud
iCloud is the online web based data storage service. iCloud store the calendar, contacts, your favorite photos and emails via auto sync over the internet. All iCloud enable devices updated and uploaded new and updated data to the iCloud storage each time when your iPhone, iPod, iPad connected it to the internet (WI-Fi). iCloud is very simple to use, secure and reliable service for your valuable data. The iCloud storage service provides 5GB storage space completely free for the Apple users. If you want, you can purchase or upgrade additional space directly from the device.
Prerequisite and system requirement for setting up iCloud storage service
Require Apple ID or iTunes account, if not yet register Click here to get one. Your iCloud user ID, password and Apple ID, password one in same.
For Mac running OS X 10.7.2 or higher,
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, running iOS 5 or higher. For upgrade latest version go to the >Settings Menu> General> tap on Software Update.
iTunes 10.5 or higher
Windows Vista or 7 or higher OS requires for iCloud Control Panel.
For enabled web base app, you need Safari 5, Firefox 5, Internet Explorer 8, or Chrome 12, or higher.
Note: for more detail recommended and minimum requirement, refer Apple support publish articles (iCloud: System requirements)
Must Read: iOS 7 dreamboard – features Must Read: iPhone- How to transfer Files over Wi-Fi Must Read: How to backup and restore iPhone, iPad data and contacts with iCloud and iTunes
How to set up iCloud on Windows
iCloud storage can be accessed from desktop PC without connecting your phone device to computer. It’s a great feature of iOS iCloud. Windows Vista or 7 or higher version supports the iCloud control panel software. iCloud Control panel software download available on Apple support website. Go to http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455
- Download the iCloud control panel software
- Install the software with default settings
- Once installation done, launch the control panel and sign in to with your Apple ID.
- iCloud control panel shows the features option, check box for enable sync or disable. The choice is yours.
How to set up iCloud on MAC OS X
iCloud support OS X 10.7.2 or higher. It has inbuilt iCloud application software. There is no need to download or install iCloud control panel software hence it’s very easy and quick to set up iCloud on MAC.
- On the top left corner you will find the Apple Menu > tap on the system preferences > sign in with your Apple ID
- iCloud control panel shows the features option, check box for enabling sync or disable.
How to set up iCloud on iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
Any device running with iOS 5 or higher support iCloud storage features and have built-in application. It helps to secure and update your data across web and computer seamlessly and backing up. It has just one time configuration of the features which you want to sync and backup on iCloud. Rest all operations is automatic and seamlessly happens every time when your devices connect to the internet.
- On your iOS device Go to Settings > iCloud > If you do sign in yet not then tap the > Account > and sign in with your Apple/iTune ID.
- Next Check and move your slider to make features on or off according to your choice and requirement.
- At the bottom you will find the Storage and Backup option. Tap on it for configure and store your current device settings and data on the iCloud storage. To know more How to Backup and Restore Data using iCloud click here.
If you like this post, then your valuable feedback will be appreciated and if you hold any doubts or query, then feel free to comment down below I will be glad to help you. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter below to remain updated with my latest posts which will right away delivered to your Inbox as soon as I publish or you can also Follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook or Add me to your Google Plus Circles!